The largest and most influential international wine competition in America, the San Francisco International Wine Competition (SFIWC) has been setting the standard for professional wine judging since its debut in 1980. Now in its 38th year, the SFIWC maintains the highest level of integrity with a blind-tasting system performed by a highly experienced panel of internationally acclaimed wine experts.
A SFIWC medal has been established as a reliable indication of wine excellence, and wines recognized as medal-worthy by our judges are universally understood to be among the very best.
The 2018 San Francisco International Wine Competition will be held at the Hotel Nikko from June 29 to July 1, 2018.
POSITION YOUR BRAND FOR SUCCESS
A SFIWC medal is not simply a huge feather in the cap of the winning winery; a well-promoted SFIWC award can also dramatically improve a wine’s sales and competitive edge. The SFIWC offers several tools to help winners promote their awards as part of their overall marketing strategies:
- All Gold, Double Gold, and Premium Award winners will be listed in The SOMM Journal, reaching over 40,000 beverage-trade decision makers
- Bottle stickers are available for purchase following the event, to help increase visibility and distinguish winning wines on store shelves
- High-quality, high-resolution medallion imagery is available for licensed use in winners’ online, print, and POS promotions
- Throughout the year, the Competition hosts numerous tasting events around the country, bringing top-winning entries to the attention of the media and beverage trade
- SFIWC has developed a complimentary marketing tool kit to be sent to all medal winners. The kit provides ideas, tips, and strategies for promoting your award to increase visibility and maximize sales.