The largest and most influential international wine competition in America, the San Francisco International Wine Competition (SFIWC) has been setting the standard for professional wine judging since its debut in 1980. Now in its 38th year, the SFIWC maintains the highest level of integrity with a blind-tasting system performed by a highly experienced panel of internationally acclaimed wine experts.
A SFIWC medal has been established as a reliable indication of wine excellence, and wines recognized as medal-worthy by our judges are universally understood to be among the very best.
The 2018 San Francisco International Wine Competition will be held at the Hotel Nikko from November 17 to November 19, 2018.
POSITION YOUR BRAND FOR SUCCESS
Market your medal to crush the competition.
Not just a feather in the cap of the winning winery, a San Francisco International Wine Competition medal is a powerful sales tool that garners a flood of attention from press, industry experts, and consumers. A well promoted SFIWC award can drastically boost your wine’s sales while building awareness for your brand
- The Competition will issue press releases announcing results to all major media, as well as wine, spirit, and food publications in both the U.S. and top winners’ regional markets. Reaching 40,000 readers in the restaurant, hospitality, and wine trade, The Tasting Panel will also report all Double Gold and Gold medal winners in its January 2019 issue.
- Bottle stickers are available for purchase following the event, to help increase visibility and distinguish winning wines on store shelves
- High-quality, high-resolution medallion imagery is available for licensed use in winners’ online, print, and POS promotions
- Throughout the year, the Competition hosts numerous tasting events around the country, bringing top-winning entries to the attention of the media and beverage trade
- SFIWC has developed a complimentary marketing tool kit to be sent to all medal winners. The kit provides ideas, tips, and strategies for promoting your award to increase visibility and maximize sales.